See our experience, click here PORTFOLIO
Our background of cultural anthropology, environmental graphics, marketing, and art give us the knowledge to create amazing works for our clients with a huge variety of perspectives, mediums and art works.
See our brochure.
We are passionate about the brilliance of artists and are connected to hundreds of painters, glass artists,sculptors, photographers, designers, fabricators, and craftsmen. We work in collaboration with design teams and artists to create unique, award winning projects that breathe soul into buildings and landscapes. Our expertise is in regional art. Studio Art Direct is a nationally certified WBENC and regionally certified WBE firm. All projects are personally managed by president, Janelle Baglien (photo to right). Our work includes:
Art in architecture
Kiln-formed and blown glass installations
Artful casework, ceilings, dividers & floors
Large scale bronze, glass, metal, stone and wood sculpture
Artful identity, signage & wayfinding
Entry art monuments and gateways
Literay arts integration
Displays & exhibits
Giclee Fine Art Prints
Fine art walls and murals
See a slideshow of our recent projects
- Kaiser Permanente Westside Medical Center permanent art collection, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
- Kaiser Permanente North Lancaster Medical Office permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Cascade Park Medical Office permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Clackamas Eye Clinic permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Rockwood Medical Center permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Hospital permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Element 8
- Kaiser Permanente Grand Dental Medical Office permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Mt. Scott Medical Office permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS & Clark/Kjos Architects
- Kaiser Permanente Administration Bldg permanent art collection, Kaiser Permanente NFS
- Kaiser Permanente Beaverton Mental Health, Kaiser Permanente NFS
- Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco, AECOM/Ellerbe Becket San Francisco
- Kaiser Permanente Skyline Medical Office permanent art collection, Kaiser Skyline
- Multnomah Village Senior Care permanent art collection, Urban Realm
- Holladay Park Plaza Senior Living and Assisted Care permanent art collection, Holladay Park Plaza
- Providence Hospital/Transitions permanent art collection, Transitions
- Mary's Woods signage & wayfinding, Mary’s Woods & Mithun Architects
- Hillside Communities entry monument & wayfinding, Hillside Communities
- Hotel Modera permanent art collection, Posh Ventures & Corso Staicoff
- Green Valley Golf Club permanent art collection, Soljaga Design Group
- Tetherow Golf Club permanent art collection, Ankrom Moisan Architects
- Wildhorse Resort Hotel signage & wayfinding, Wildhorse
- Mariposa Spa & Resort predevelopment brochure & logo, John Kennedy
- Langdon Farms Golf Club logo, scorecard design, entry & course signage, OB Sports & Fought Design
- OGA at Tukwila Golf Club entry & course signage, OGA
- Red 160 Apartments buildings east and west permanent art collection, Myhre Group Architects
- Miller Nash Attorneys Vancouver, Madrona Hill Collective
- Brasserie Montmartre / Esquire Apartments remodel, website & marketing, Carl Coffman/Norway Development
- D’Ambrosio/Wyndermere Real Estate office permanent art collection, D’Ambrosio
- CascadeStation tenant criteria sign guidelines & PUD overlay sign regulations, Trammel Crow/PDC/Bechtel
- Lakeview Village, logo design, signage & wayfinding, Gramor Development
- West Linn Central, mixed use, logo, theming & collateral, Gramor Development
- Progress Ridge shopping center logo, theming & collateral, Gramor Development
- Winchester Ridge 800-acre residential logo, theming, signage & collateral, Norway Development
- City of Tualatin Gateway art monument, Tualatin Development Commission
- Happy Valley City Hall permanent art collection, City of Happy Valley
- City of Sherwood entry monument, City of Sherwood
- City of Hillsboro entry sign (185th), City of Hillsboro
For more photos of projects, see project experience slideshow
Our services range from extensive fine art and graphics for complete new facilities down to small programs for departmental renovations. We work within budgets ranging from investment collections to affordable decor art. Our projects typically range from 30-1000 works of art with budgets up to $2M. Our services include:
We begin with a site visit or review of architectural plans. We work with you and your design team to determine art & graphics budgets, preferences, colors and styles.
Proposal & Programming
A detailed proposal specifying design, locations, sizes, budget and other information for your review.
Art Selection & Sourcing
Based on your vision for the project, budget and design specifications, we source art through direct commissions, our own collection, regional galleries, national publishers and artist's studios.
Specific options can be presented in a variety of mediums - to scale renderings, digitally enhanced photos with works embedded in-situ, power point presentations online or to groups, PDF files, or custom video loaded to YouTube.
Working with owner, designer and construction teams, we collaborate closely with all stakeholders to ensure that from conception to completion every concern and opportunity is revealed.
Site Specific Commissions
Through our collaborative process, we art direct and manage the creation of custom bronze, glass, metal and stone sculpture, digital media, paintings, art in architecture installations, and more. We are connected to hundreds of sculptors, glass artists, painters, videographers, fabricators, and craftsmen and our creativity knows no bounds.
Custom archival framing to fit a specific collection.
Includes delivery, art title plaques and professional installation.
When requested, we can provide artist biographies, certificates of authenticity, art books, inventory listings with images, insurance valuations, conservation reports,
Identity & Signage
Identity, interior & exterior signage and wayfinding integrating art.
Recognizing contributors through metal, wood, glass, tile, murals, and exhibit graphics.
Marketing materials which spin-off your art program including art books, brochures, identity packages, displays and websites.
Your project may be newsworthy. We have an extensive print, electronic and online network. We will generate publicity for you through press releases and awards.
Awards and Press
We have received several prestigious awards and accolades:
- Healthcare Design Magazine feature article on art in healthcare
- Oregon Business Magazine feature profile on Studio Art Direct and president Janelle Baglien
- Oregonian article on the new Kaiser Westside Medical Center featuring art by Studio Art Direct
- Oregonian article on the art of Hotel Modera by Studio Art Direct
- Oregonian article on Tualatin Gateway Art Monument by Studio Art Direct
- KGW News Channel 8 on Kaiser Westside Medical Center art program
- KGW News Channel 8 on Kaiser Westside Medical Center opening and art
- The Times article on Studio Art Direct's first place award for Top 100 Projects for public works 2013
- Daily Journal of Commerce for winning Top 100 Projects for public buildings 2010
- Portland Business Journal feature article on Studio Art Direct 2007
- First Place, Public Works, for Tualatin Gateway Art Monument, Top 100 Projects by DMWESB by the Daily Journal of Commerce 2013
- First Place, Public Buildings, for the Happy Valley City Hall art program, Top 100 Projects by DMWESB by the Daily Journal of Commerce 2010
- Business for Culture and the Arts award for business/art partnership for the art program at Kaiser Permanente Westside Medical Center 2013
- Hotel Modera, Best Boutique Hotel 2008
- Hotel Modera, Northwest Interior Design Award for Hospitality 2009
Studio Art Direct, a nationally certified WBENC firm and regionally certified Woman Owned Business WBE, was founded by Janelle Baglien in 2005. Ms. Baglien has 25 years experience as a project manager, artist and environmental graphic designer working in the built environment. She has managed over $8 million in site specific art, graphics and signage. Baglien collaborates with interior designers, architects, owners and artists to develop unique, site specific art concepts that are custom to each and every project. She personally oversees design, programming, art selection, commissions, fabrication, and installation.
Certifications and Associations
Kaiser preferred vendor up to $5M
Certified WBENC Women's Business Enterprise National Council, U.S.A #2005120638
Oregon WBE - State of Oregon Certified Woman Owned #5545
Member Society of Arts in Healthcare